Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This morning when I tried to boot my Workstation it failed to boot. I think it's related to RAM modules, but it can be also related to the motherboard. Already tried to use a Ram per boot, butt same problem, also with working RAMs from other Workstations.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi MattialIT,

Yes, power supply, RAM, or MB, or component connected to the MB.

Just repaired a system with a similar symptom (no POST/fans on high).

The pump on the CPU AIO liquid cooler had failed.

Try a bare bones config (try a different PSU if possible) then work you way down to the MB.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz wrote:

Hi MattialIT,

Yes, power supply, RAM, or MB, or component connected to the MB.

Just repaired a system with a similar symptom (no POST/fans on high).

The pump on the CPU AIO liquid cooler had failed.

Try a bare bones config (try a different PSU if possible) then work you way down to the MB.

Regards

hi,

i have same problem. i just switch video card from another identic workstation, i buy new ram but hp z420 doesn t start and  power supply fun go at the max speed. Can help me?

regards

Alessio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.