Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z8 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been having some issues with our Z8 workstation when it is left on overnight and hoped someone might be able to help.

We often set it running fixity checks on LTO tapes overnight and occasionally find the computer completely unresponsive the following morning. A reset is all that will work meaning that we have to run the job again. The USB ports remain powered and a control panel that is USB attached can be woken up, however the mouse and keyboard do not respond and the display will not wake. The power button light is on and the lights on the front panel for the SSDs are on. unplugging and re-plugging USB devices has no effect.

I had a feeling it may be related to the persistent Win10 updates and have disabled the automatic reboot, however this has had no effect.

The most recent occurrence was today (16th December). I set the fixity checks going on the 14th and the computer was unresponsive this morning.

Many thanks for any help and advice.

James

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have a similar issue going on with a computer.  HP All-in-One - 20-c020.  When the PC goes to sleep, it becomes completely unresponsive.  I've already reinstalled the OS and done various hardware checks.  Also have checked BIOS for updates and for wake up options.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.