Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pops2017
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP all in one start up and shut down issues

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same problem with the same machine. it's ridiculous - in addition - when I try and shut it down I only have the options to update and shut down, update and restart, sleep or hibernate. My machine is a couple years old, but I  only unpacked it a couple months ago. I have been on the HP website and everything is up to date - windows is also up to date. I am in no way computer savvy - and do not no how to do intricate modifications involving commands.

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> when I try and shut it down I only have the options to update and shut down, update and restart, sleep or hibernate.

Correct.  Choose one of those 2 "update" options.

Microsoft issues security-updates at 10 AM Pacific on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.

Microsoft does issue other non-security updates at other times, and, in reaction to a new-found vulnerability, may issue "out-of-band" security-updates as soon as possible.

> My machine is a couple years old, but I  only unpacked it a couple months ago.

Microsoft is treating Windows 10 as a "service".

Approximately every six months, Microsoft issues a major update to Windows 10.

Most recently, they did so in March 2017 and September 2017.

As I have said, between those major updates, they issue monthly security-updates.

So, it is not surprising that your copy of Windows is trying to update itself.

> I have been on the HP website and everything is up to date - Windows is also up to date.

Good. At some point, you must have chosen one of those "update" options.

Within Control Panel, open Windows Update, and "View Installed Updates".  Is there any evidence of a "failed" update?

If so, Windows might "try again" to install that specific update.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation