Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 All in One PC (P030na)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was changing out my HDD yesterday. 

Didn't have time to complete it and so put back the original HDD.

Today - I was trying to boot and it wouldn't turn on - no led on the power button either.

I checked the power cable at the back and the light above it is not on either - what's happened? 

There's no power going to the PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Asaiyed 

The LED on the back of the All-in-One indicates that power is getting to the motherboard and it is working.  If the light is dark the could simply be a power supply issue and the motherboard could be fine.  But, there is no way to really check the power supply using the PC with it not booting. 

If you have a MultiMeter, you could connect the leads to the power supply jack to see if it is putting out the power as indicated on the block.  But without that, you are stuck having to get another one to see if that is the issue.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Asaiyed 

The LED on the back of the All-in-One indicates that power is getting to the motherboard and it is working.  If the light is dark the could simply be a power supply issue and the motherboard could be fine.  But, there is no way to really check the power supply using the PC with it not booting. 

If you have a MultiMeter, you could connect the leads to the power supply jack to see if it is putting out the power as indicated on the block.  But without that, you are stuck having to get another one to see if that is the issue.

HP Recommended

I tried a power brick from another PC and it worked. Perhaps the fuse is blown.

HP Recommended

@Asaiyed 

I don't know if the fuses in the chargers are replaceable -- but you have a solution now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.