Tyler_Broertjes
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP p2-1394 won’t turn on

HP Recommended
HP p2-1394
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I purchased this second hand the only thing missing being the hard drive. After installing an up cycled laptop hard drive I installed windows 10 and everything seemed perfect. The next day I come in, clean the case /interior fans with a alcohol wipe and a dry paper towel, and sprayed the rest with compressed air. Then I replug the computer and attempt to turn it on only to find something has gone wrong. I made sure not to let any liquid touch the motherboard and but I believe the problem has something to do with the DC-IN as every time I try to replug it the light on one of my AC/DC adapters turns off the second it’s plugged in and the other produces an audible tick. I’ve even attempted to jump the motherboard at this point but I’m a hardware novice so I may have just been doing it incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation