Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP p2-1394 won’t turn on

HP p2-1394
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I purchased this second hand the only thing missing being the hard drive. After installing an up cycled laptop hard drive I installed windows 10 and everything seemed perfect. The next day I come in, clean the case /interior fans with a alcohol wipe and a dry paper towel, and sprayed the rest with compressed air. Then I replug the computer and attempt to turn it on only to find something has gone wrong. I made sure not to let any liquid touch the motherboard and but I believe the problem has something to do with the DC-IN as every time I try to replug it the light on one of my AC/DC adapters turns off the second it’s plugged in and the other produces an audible tick. I’ve even attempted to jump the motherboard at this point but I’m a hardware novice so I may have just been doing it incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation