Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have no bulb at all on the back of my power supply.
HP Recommended
For whatever reason now all the fans in computer run and I am not getting anything on monitor. Not going to sleep like before.
HP Recommended

Cbcbecky,

It sounds like perhaps the motherboard or processor is failing. Processors normally don’t fail but it is possible.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Cbcbecky,

Do you know if you still covered by warranty, if you aren’t sure insert your computer information in this link to confirm. If you’re still covered by warranty, it generally can be repaired using that warranty.

You may be best served to contact the HP support for a possible repair if deemed necessary. If you reside in the US or Canada the number is 1-800-474-6836, if you reside in another country click on this link and select your country and then select on “technical support after you buy” and the number will be provided.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Hey im.having the same problem. I just tried this step and it got my monitor working again. Now it begins startup but does not finish.
HP Recommended

Same problem here.

I got the orange light, no screen, but also no power on my keyboard or mouse.

Anyone with an idea how to proceed?

- I got a VGA cable.

- Full power on my supply (green light is on)

- Using only keyboard, mouse.

Thanks

HP Recommended

hp pavillion m8400f yellow light only when start; can hear running, won't turn off have to unplug

HP Recommended

Same problem. 

Hp pavilion HPE. Was running awesome then randomly shut down. I was using a surge protector. Just mouse, keys and small stereo speakers. HDMI cord to a Samsung TV. 

Fans go, mouse lights up, all I get is a blank screen and the ring tone of death. 

This is is super annoying to happen during finals. I have 0 ca$h to replace any parts. 

For the love for all that is Holy please help! 

HP Recommended
I'm having the same issue and there is a solid green light on the back.
HP Recommended
I unplugged everything n replaced it in. Screen has a blue r square box on it and white dots spinning then it goes into sleep mode. Log in box came up one n I logged in and it goes to a blank screen
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.