Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP s5310t suddenly not shows light on button nor front side and monitor black.

S5310t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My S5310t works perfectly after clean install Win10 to SSD.

This afternoon, it was sleep mode and click my mouse.  It normally turns on but this time it did not.

I turned off computer by pushing power button.  I tried to turn on by pushing power button.  Both fans

are working but monitor turned black.  I pull out every cable and even SSD cable was pull out and turn on

but power button did not light while fans are still running and monitor is black.

Is it PSU problem?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By the way, I can not reach BIOS at all however I tried.

Monitor was just black.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,441
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @dukehs,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer not booting and the screen remaining black. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:

• .Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
  • Is there a light by the power button and on the back of the computer where the power cord plugs in?
  • Did you check the display on a different monitor if available?

For now, you’ve tried all the steps including checking the internals of the computer.

• Please try all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2yEykGG for boot issues. It is a guided troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, then the computer needs to be repaired. If the computer is more than 3 years old then service options with HP are no longer available because the original suppliers and manufacturers who manufacture and supply the parts to HP to build and service the computer don't do so anymore.

So please contact a local Best Buy or Staples technician or any local technician to get it repaired, as long as the cost is not prohibitive. I am not beating around the bush and am keeping your best interest in mind. If the cost of repair is almost the cost of a new computer, then it is best to buy a new computer with a year's hardware warranty and peace of mind. You could buy a new computer by visiting HP shopping via this link: http://hp.care/2rQLe1b and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very much for trying help me.

1. There was no power surge or outage.

2. Push button light did not come on but green light on below back power cord.

3. Did not try new monitor.  I am quite sure it was not monitor problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,441
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @dukehs,

I reviewed the post completely. You've done great here by displaying immense patience, immaculate attitude coupled with great technical competence to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂

It is a hardware issue and needs to be repaired. Trust me I have done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You will need to contact a technician locally to figure out which component is faulty. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you and a fabulous experience.

If this helped in any way, then to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed year ahead. and stay healthy 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation