2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP spectre x360 random freeze

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My computer has been experiencing an issue where it completely freezes randomly. This event could happen a couple of times a day, but seems to occur randomly.

I had the issue when I bought it, got it sent for fixing and received it back with a new hard drive. The problem still persisted, however, due to work I was not able to return my product anymore since I could not be without my computer. Now the warranty has expired and I look for help to solve this issue as this is not acceptable for such a new computer (Bought September 2017). After working with this problem for quite a while, I suspect it might be something with the BIOS since this seems to be a common problem.

Up until this point I have tried the following to solve the problem:

- Manually updated all the drivers

- Unabling the computer to be turned off by wireless adapter

- Maximizing performance when on and off  battery/charger

These measures helped me for 2 days, however, the problem reoccured after a while and still percists.

- Then I updated my OS (I think), through this site: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05869091

For a couple of days,  the issue did not occur. Evetually it returned again, but has been limited to occuring about only one time a day, but the problem still occurs.

What should I do now? Can anyone help me? HP support and workshop could apparently not help me with this...

Thank you for any help!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
4,298 4,204 242 616
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP spectre x360 random freeze

@FlekkefjordOil,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation