JCTechCoord
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP sure start and bloat ware

HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am the head of technology in a public school district and I use only Profesional versions of Windows and the amazing, and not in a good way, is how much front loaded bloatware HP computers come with. Because HP continues to have all this preloaded crap, I buy my own versions of Win 7 and Win 10 and do a clean install, that is until Sure Start which won't even allow me to do fresh installs. I have tried to uninstall HP security software, and have tried disabling several HP services, and nothing I have found works! I do not mind using the preloaded OS from HP, but NOT since it comes with garbage like Candy Crush...........COME ON, in a prefessional environment????? And I certainly do not have time to go through each PC and individually uninstall each unwanted program on 60 PC's!!!

1 REPLY 1
AlexandruN
Level 6
424 424 28 73
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

All, all products purchased from any manufacturers come pre-installed with some "bloatware". As for Candy Crush, that gets installed by Windows for most Windows 10 users as it was recently purchased by Microsoft. Hp has no control over this.

Are you really not capable of installing a fresh OS on your computers?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation