KrazyRabbit
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HPz820 bricked after an attempt to upgrade to 3.94bios

HP Recommended
HPz 820

Hi Everyone

I have serious problem with my HPz820 workstation. I tried updating Bios on my HPz820. My system froze during the flash process no keyboard no mouce and frozen screen. Had no choice but to reboot, OMG after I rebooted fan startd spinning real loud no screen display and the battle begins.

I tried all suggestions on the forum nothing helped.

So I moved recovery jumper to pin 2 and 3 rebooted with 256 meg flash drive formated with freedos and fat32 512 cluster
I also copied contents of DOS folder from orignal bios upgrade on the flash drive connected it to USB2.0 port nothing

I pulled out all ram sticks but 1 in the lowest number slot. Still no display no signs of system being upgrading bios during start.

Last suggestion I have not tried to pull CPU1 out and let the system run on 1 CPU and try to recover. Any help will be much appriciated.

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation