Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For my HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-023w

I'm not very tech savvy and I don't really know my specs but my computer had recently given me a message about overheating and forcing a shutdown, after looking up what to do after my pc shuts down from getting too hot, I ran a system test and I kept getting this Failure ID for my hard drive RTW5VW-8Q6AJN-9XPGRF-60QV03 is my computer toast or is this  not super impactful, any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
RTW5VW-8Q6AJN-9XPGRF-60QV03OKXXXXXXXXXX3/27/21303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

You will need to install a new hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

After you replace the drive, you can use the cloud recovery tool with another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook on the new drive.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Unfortunately, I can't find a service manual that matches your PC's design.

All of these manuals show totally different PC's, but once you can figure out how to open the case, it shouldn't be hard to figure out how to remove and replace the hard drive.

HP Pavilion Power 580-000 Desktop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

hi

You can try several things in order to try to recover your data, I give some explanations here, but in French!

que faire en cas d' erreur / échec dst du disque dur - HP Support Community - 7338574

You can try a bootable cd / dvd type live cd (linux)

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-retrieve-windows-files-using-a-linux-live-cd/

you can try removing the hard drive, in order to connect it to another computer internally, or with a usb adapter!

https://www.muo.com/tag/connect-get-data-off-hard-drive/
If your disk is not completely out of order, this gives you a small chance

originally you have a classic sata hard drive!
you can even give it a boost by installing a classic sata SSD!
Help yourself to this site, you are free to go elsewhere of course

Welcome to Crucial USA
Optionally, once data is recovered from old drive, formatted it completely and then create new partition
test it, it could be of use to you a little longer (as long as you save what is on it regularly just in case)
your motherboard has more than one sata slot, if you have a free sata power supply, it should be fine to install both

Odense2-K motherboard specifications.

https://youtu.be/Xg1wnK4OFXY?t=21

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.