Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk not detected

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So basically i on my laptop everything were fine untill i drop my phone and hit the left side of the laptop the place where they put the hard drive then my laptop freeze i restart i got f30 error and my hard disk not detect if that hard disk corrupted i just hope all my files i can get it back and 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,414 22,358 2,046 4,889
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk not detected

@Symxxx

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

It sounds like the hard drive suffered impact damage when you dropped your phone on it.

This could prevent it from being able to read and/or write files properly after that.

There are two possibilities here:

1) The drive only suffered minor damage such that one or more of the Windows system files got corrupted, and the other personal files you want to retain are OK.

2) The drive suffered a major HEAD CRASH -- rendering it basically, unusable.

To see if 1) is the issue,  you need to do the following:

1) Remove the hard drive from the PC
2) Purchase a USB-to-Hard Driver adapter kit (like the one illustrated below)

USB-Drive-Adapter.jpg

3) Connect the old drive to the working PC
4) Try to retrieve the files and folders you want to save from the old drive and copy them to the new PC.

If this does not work, then you need to do the following:
1) Download and install this utility on a working PC http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/recover_data_in_3_steps_with_minitool_power_data_recovery_free_...
2) Run the data recovery utility to see what can be retrieved from the old drive.

If that tool does not find what you need, an alternative is Recuva  http://www.piriform.com/recuva

And, if that does not work well, the best tool out there is this one, but only the trial version is free  http://www.file-recovery.com/

------------------------------------------

If NONE of those work at all, then 2) is likely the issue -- and the ONLY way to recover data in that case is to use a professional data recovery service which will disassemble the drive, repair the head damage (to they extent they can, reassemble the drive and recover what data they can.

Costs for these services START at $1000 USD -- and are basically the same, regardless of the capacity of the drive.

-------------------------------------------

Those are your options for data recovery.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk not detected

Wow not expecting that... but before i force shut down my laptop my song in the background still playing while the screen freeze and while i restart like the first 2 times the hp logo pop up but a bit slow before show the loading  but still fail to start becuz my hard disk not detect sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,414 22,358 2,046 4,889
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk not detected

@Symxxx

OK ... if ANYTHING is being read from the drive, in this case the audio file used during shutdown, then the drive did not suffer a HEAD CRASH, as that would render it unusable.

So, you need to read and follow the instructions for 1) that I wrote for you -- in order to recover data from the drive.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation