Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 590-p0045
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I still don't know if this is the right board, but I need to perform a hard reset on my desktop, does it remove files or just drain power?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, it all depends why you need to perform an hard reset.. 

If you have a power problem, with any signal on screen, you can try to make an hardware reset. For this you need to unplug your AC adapter, and press during 30 seconds Power button with any power. 

If you have a problem with Windows, you can tell us your error message or your problem. And if you want to reinstall Windows it is your choice to keep or remove your personal datas! 

EDIT I have read your other subject, please don't create few subjects for the same problem. If it is the same problem I recommend to youth execute an hardware test in your computer. For this, restart your computer by tapping F2 when it is been down for restart. You come in HP Hardware Diagnostic Interface and can execute all tests. If you have a fail please tell us. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I have no access to my computer, I just hear the fan and stuff turn on, then after about half a second, it turns off, it repeats this.

HP Recommended

Hello, so it is an hardware problem. Do you have try the hardware reset?? Do you have sound signal or blinking LED?? 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

well i have a light that attempts to boot the pc for 1 second, every 3-4 seconds.

HP Recommended

Hello, it is not normal because it is not an old PC and I don't know this error code.. 

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/bph07107

You are sure to your error code?? 

If you are an inexistant code, it can be a CMOS problem. You can unplug your PC, open it and try to find your CMOS battery to remove it. If you can remove it, please wait few times and replug your PC for try to start with any battery. It is appears to this: 

c00393650.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.