Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite e9227c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Had a hard drive failure and need to re-install windows on the new one. I'd like to install the complete factory  reset, or at least simply the windows 7 64bit, but can't find any downloads on the HP site.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You can get an OEM version of Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium at the following: (Link). Download and run the software.

Select The OEM version of Windows 7. Then follow instructions to download the W7 ISO file.

You will need to convert the ISO file to a bootable DVD or bootable USB stick. Your PC is pretty old, not sure if your PC can boot to USB media.

Use the Microsoft DVD/USB tool at this (Link) to create bootable W7 installation media.

Download drivers from your PC's HP Support site at this (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

Will the 2018 version work?  The COEM version listed  seem to not be available.

HP Recommended

Hi Mtbguy2009,

Windows 7 (W7) is not available for download. This happens once in a while.

Try downloading Windows 7 at this (Link).

I don't know if the full retail version of W7 will activate with the W7 OEM product key affixed to your PC's chassis.

I don't know what else to tell you if the second link does not work. The HP Recovery disks are not available at:

Computer Surgeons or 

Best2Serve

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Maybe you can buy the correct OEM version of W7 on eBay?

Can you still read the W7 product key affixed to your PC's chassis? You will need this. If not, you will have to buy a W7 product key.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.