Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillian 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when i start my PC I get a hard disk error saying cant detect hard disk

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That message most likely means the hard drive has failed.  Look in the BIOS to see if the hard drive is being detected.  Also try running the diagnostics for the hard drive.  If that proves that the hard drive is not detected, replace the hard drive.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for your reply, I have tried to use the hard disk diagnostics, however it Saul it’s not installed, is there a work around to download to a memory stick and run it from there?

HP Recommended

Hi

Not sure if you got my previous response? as I said, I have tried to access the hard drive diagnostic test, however it says its not installed, I was wondering if there was a download to either a CD or USB stick that I could run it from?

HP Recommended

Start by opening the BIOS to see if the hard drive is even detected.  If it not, then the drive has failed.  I suspect the diagnostic was telling the hard drive could not be found.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.