Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p170il
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p170il PC 

BIOS Version: AMI F.39

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your motherboard is limited to a M.2 Key A socket.  You need a M.2 Key M socket. Look in Expansion Slots at this (Link).

NVME storage devices are not compatible with this socket.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your motherboard is limited to a M.2 Key A socket.  You need a M.2 Key M socket. Look in Expansion Slots at this (Link).

NVME storage devices are not compatible with this socket.

Regards

HP Recommended

Oh okay. Thanks for helping me out. So is there any way to boot using NVMe? Any kind of hack or anything? 

HP Recommended

Hi Gamer911,

You're very welcome.

You could try a PCIe x4 to M.2 adapter if you are not using the x16 graphics card slot on the motherboard.

You may not have BIOS support to boot to the NVME drive in this configuration.

So the drive may only be available as a data drive and may not be bootable.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yeah, that is an option, but not that efficient. All these problems due to AHCI! This sucks. there should be other ways. Well thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Sorry I could not offer a solution. You would have to try the M.2 adapter card to see what happens.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.