Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23 AIO PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Yesterday I turned on my PC and got the blue screen of death... "File: /BCD Error code: 0xc0000098" I looked up ways to fix it I need a Windows installation disc or USB... When I bought my PC it was rent to own and when I got it they did not give me a Windows installation disc... And I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO GET ONE! So what do I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, it has been a year, and in April of 2017 I learned how to fix it with Command Prompt.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Lol022

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...

There is certainly no way you can get HP restore media for free -- and that's presuming it's even available.

There are at least 10 diffent models of the HP Pavilion 23 AIO PC, and we need to know which one is yours to check for recovery media: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Well, it has been a year, and in April of 2017 I learned how to fix it with Command Prompt.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.