Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073we
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought  a new desktop from Walmart in December.  When I checked the warranty it said it was expired.  I have my receipt.  I need to contact some one that can help me as the computer will not boot or make any sound or lights.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Deadi 

The warranty starts when the PC is BUILT, not when it is SOLD.  You have to contact HP to register it to reset the start date -- which you apparently did not do.

USA/Canada HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Not according to this warranty statement found on HPs website.

The Limited Warranty Period starts on the latter of the date of purchase or lease from HP or from the date HP or, if applicable, the HP authorized service provider completes installation. Your dated sales or delivery receipt, showing the date of purchase or lease of the HP Hardware Product, is your proof of the purchase or lease date unless HP or your authorized reseller informs you otherwise in writing. You may be required to provide proof of purchase or lease as a condition of receiving warranty service.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.