Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

High Pitched screeching sound when i turn on my all in one hp computer

all in one hp

High Pitched screeching sound when i try to turn on my all in one hp computer can any one help

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You may have to contact HP (Link) if you are in warranty. Or have a local PC tech take a look if you are not in warranty.

A high pitched sound is not good. Does your PC load the Windows desktop? Can you use Windows?

Does the sound subside after Windows loads successfully?

It is obviously a moving part; fans can do this. You probably have two fans. a system fan and a CPU fan.

One of the fans probably needs replacing.

Regards

Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the computer correctly load Windows?

If not, it could be the disk-drive (spinning at 5400 or 7200 RPM) "grinding" against itself, quite destructively.

Is there a CD/DVD disk inside the device, also spinning & grinding?

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi no the screen is blank there’s just a load pitched screeching sound

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 101karen,

I would think your PC is in trouble.

My first response to your problem asked you if you can get to the Windows desktop.

I see redundancy when someone else asks the same question. This may happen when other forum members don't take the time to carefully read previous member responses or have a different agenda unrelated to helping folks solve problems.

Your last response to this question was no.

You have no video.

You can't troubleshoot the PC if you have no video. 

You will have to contact HP Support per my previous link if you have an extended warranty or have a local PC tech take a look.

You may have a systemic problem which could require remediation up to replacing the motherboard. Replacing the motherboard is a worst case scenario. 

Please understand it is very difficult to diagnose component failure in a forum.

I may be missing something which is easily corrected. I can only offer suggestions to correct the problem based on the detail provided in the problem description.

Regards

Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Posted on ‎10-05-2018 07:39 PM 

> Does the computer correctly load Windows?

> Posted on ‎10-06-2018 04:07 AM 

> Hi no the screen is blank

It is always good for readers to chronologically read through the whole thread, although some responders fail to do so, at their own peril, and to their own embarassment.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation