Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-010xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello there,  I need help about HP consumer desktop pc bios updating  while working in Window 10. what is the way of updating kindly guide? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jacksappeow ,

This (Link) provides the only BIOS update for your product. This BIOS update applies to W8. But should work using W10. Noticed a minor discrepancy between the BIOS update SSID and your motherboard (MB) SSID. Can't say if this is a problem: Your MB SSID is 2AD5h. The BIOS update is 2AD5. This is the only BIOS update HP is offering for your product.

Why are you looking for a BIOS update, are you having a problem? If so, please describe in detail.

Download the file at the above link. Run sp70266.exe found in the Downloads folder on your PC's system HDD.

Follow instructions. Don't shut down the PC during the BIOS update. A power outage or premature shutdown can break the PC requiring factory service.

Regards

HP Recommended

Please help.

Tried this and crashed. Now cannot boot or enter BIOS getting 8 BEEPS.

How do install BIOS DRIVER install form USB. Will need all files on USB

HP_TOOLS folder may no longer exist on Drive

Is there a WAY to install a GENERAL BIOS just to be able to boot to W10 ?

All my posts are my opinion.
HP Recommended

"premature shutdown can break the PC requiring factory service." ?

What will the service require ?

HP Recommended

What will the service require ?

1. Contact HP.

2. HP will create an "RMA" ("Return of Materials Authorization").

3. Box-up and ship the computer to one of the "HP Authorized Service Centers", with a copy of the RMA.

4. If the warranty still is valid, HP will repair/replace the computer, at their cost. If the warranty has expired, you will have to pay HP for the repairs & shipping.

5. HP will ship the computer back to you.

HP Recommended

This is wrong.

1. Computer kept crashing after Windows Update

2. After reading some posts appeared reinstalling drivers might fix it

3. After installing HP BIOS driver computer crashed after eraser of EPROM

4. Reboot ONLY gave 8 beeps

5.  Removal of CMOS batter removed the 8 beeps

* sad I was going to buy a NEW HP computer this fall with Windows 11

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.