Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 810nj
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The UEFI boots before windows, and that annoys me.

I tried to go to the bios setup and disable it in the 'secure boot' option. But that didnt work.

How do I get rid of that boot option permanently?

I tried this solution and it didnt work.

http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/windows-8-1/how-to-disable-uefi-secure-boot-in-windows-8-1-8.html

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@NewOrder1984

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you need information on how to disable UEFI on windows,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

For my 1st question, I simply want to know WHY? why would you want to disable it? (it's important for me to understand which part of it, is annoying you before I can help).

That said, what exactly are you attempting to turn off, is it the black screen that appears before windows loading screen?

If you are disabling the secure boot, did you try any related posts within HP Forums? 

If you haven't yet checked for related posts:

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The solution there:

Using Secure Boot on a desktop computer with Windows 8

Failed to work.

What other options are there to completely disable it.

That feature complains about some hard disk error.. 

I dont care about the error that it complains about it, I want to remove it altogether so that my pc starts like any other normal pc with a windows 8 os installed on it.

This is how my 'Secure Boot Configuration' looks like.

HP Recommended

Hi @NewOrder1984

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I would like to inform you that you will not be able to disable both secure boot and legacy support. If you disable secure boot legacy support gets enabled automatically. Having said that, from the screen shot you have shared, I see that the secure boot is disabled. 

If you are having any issues booting to Windows are if there are any other concerns please free to write back to me. Briefly, explain what are you trying to achieve so that I can provide you a more accurate answer.

You have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But I just told you, you plonker, that it would boot to uefi (or hp secure mode), even when legacy is enabled and secure boot is disabled..

omg..

HP Recommended

Hello @NewOrder1984

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That help proved to be sh1tless.

But it taught me a lesson not to buy HP computers in the future, because they always come with bloatware.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.