cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAM_ets
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How to install Windows 7 on desktop HP 20-2101nr?

HP Recommended
HP 20-2101nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

To install Win 7 x64 need Enable Legacy support, but this option No in Secure boot Tab. I try installing win7 by UEFI, but after copyng files computer rebooting constantly. How i get this option im my bios? Bios 80.14A  2B15 family
original.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
31,580 31,487 2,867 6,923
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SAM_ets

According to what I could find, an HP 20-2110nr is a Chromebook -- and that poses special problems for installing Windows:  https://www.howtogeek.com/278953/how-to-install-windows-on-a-chromebook/

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
SAM_ets
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry model is desktop HP 20-2101nr not 2110nr

This is no chromebok, this is desktop with preinstalled windows 8, but windows was upgraded to win 10. Win10 - pease of sheet. I want install win 7, but i not have results. Win 8 installing perfectly.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
31,580 31,487 2,867 6,923
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SAM_ets

OK, so I did the search again -- and this time, the HP page shown is this one:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-20-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/6879099/model/72...

This shows HP has drivers for this PC for Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.

While that means that it IS likely to work in Win7, since there are HP drivers, the problem is your license is OEM, and that has no "downgrade rights" to Win7.  If you force an install of Win7, since your OEM product key is for Win8, it will not activate.

You would then have to purchase a license on your own to get Win7 activated.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation