Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G1 TWR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am in HP ProDesk 600 G1 Tower and I really want to update to Windows 11. But for that, I need to update to TPM 2.0 first but there is no TPM 2.0 support for ProDesk 600 G1. I downloaded the update file to just try to update to 2.0 but I failed because it wants a TPM owner password which I don't have and I can't seem to get. So my questions are:

• Will there be a BIOS update which allows you to update to TPM 2.0?
• Can I update to TPM 2.0 if I enter the password?
• How can I get the TPM Password or set the owner and set the password?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, again:

I did find this document regarding hard and soft floor requirements, so we are just going to have to wait and see what happens when we actually try to upgrade older PC's to W11...

Compatibility for Windows 11- Compatibility Cookbook | Microsoft Docs

According to the above document, you may be able to upgrade to W11 as long as your PC meets the hard floor requirements.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The TPM hardware your PC has is too old to be updated to v2.0.

If you want to know this because of Windows 11, your notebook can't run W11 for several reasons...processor, graphics, etc.

See this link for the full list of W11 system requirements...look under the list of supported Intel processors...your PC needs to have an Intel 8th gen core processor in order to run W11.

Windows 11 requirements - What's new in Windows | Microsoft Docs

HP Recommended

Hi, again:

I did find this document regarding hard and soft floor requirements, so we are just going to have to wait and see what happens when we actually try to upgrade older PC's to W11...

Compatibility for Windows 11- Compatibility Cookbook | Microsoft Docs

According to the above document, you may be able to upgrade to W11 as long as your PC meets the hard floor requirements.

HP Recommended

Thank You for your reply! I will wait to see if I get an update or not. And by the way, I ran Windows 11 leaked version on this PC by bypassing the TPM 2.0 check or something and it worked perfectly without any bug or issue. So I guess this PC can run Windows 11 but it is just a false requirement. I hope they give a fix for us 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is great news.

You can probably force the upgrade even if we don't get notified of one, like we can now on W10.

I think only one or two of my 14 PC's have gotten the update notice from Windows update.

Just make a bootable USB of the OS plug it into the PC, double click to run the setup application and the update will run from the Windows desktop.

HP Recommended

Yes 😀

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.