Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Howto Update the BIOS for HP Notebook 355 G2

HP Notebook 355 G2
Linux

I use the notebook with Linux (Fedora 28) which works quite well except the fan speed is always max (temperature is low). And something drains the batterie even when the notebook is switched off (not suspended or hibernate).

Since the Bios (version F.02) is quite old I would like to update it with slight hopes to improve the one or the other issue.

I've downloaded the new Bios (F.12 Rev.A listed at HP for the serial number) installed it on an USB key.

But I cannot install update it. There is no "BIOS Mangagement" or "Firmware Management" in the Diagnostics or other Bios sections. Nor does "windows-key + B" or "windows-key + V" work somehow.

What can I do to update the Bios?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,561 7,988
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@David180

Not sure what you need to do to update your BIOS but that BIOS has no fix for your problem.

But if you go into the BIOS you can Disable Fan Always On option.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP recommends this in topic HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal. I found other hints in the net that suggest Bios update here.

The Bios - Fan Always On option is already disabled.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation