Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 24-r014

I have owned my HP desktop for over a year purchased from Best Buy 

It has done this once before but come back on. Now the desktop will not power on at all. I plugged it into a different outlet just to see if that was an issue, there is a tiny light at the back that comes on when plugged in but nothing else.  Now the desktop will not power on at all with the on off switch. And all of my documents are on there!!!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Generally speaking, if the light comes on on the back of the unit when you plug the power in, then the AC adapter should be OK. In my experience, it's more than likely that the mainboard has died. If HP won't repair under warranty, then you'll need to take the HDD out and install into an external USB enclosure to get your data off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.