Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 880-110 i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have this awesome pc, I love it works great.

Last night my wife and I were laying in bed watching Netflix on the computer. We decided that 8 episodes of the office we're good and it's time for bed. I shut it down from the windows menu you know the right way. Turn on the monitor go to bed. This afternoon I needed to boot up my computer to print of my resume for an interview. Well the red light that makes the Omen look "cool" comes on but I don't hear the fans, just figuring it's a quite no biggie. Then no display on my monitor and I'm like oh it's just the **bleep**ty monitor, so I check with a different one still nothing. I shutting down(only can by pressing power button on top of tower). Then unplugged the power cord. Still had the green light in the back solid. Then I held the power button for 10 seconds(Mississippi's). And try turning it on still nothing. Soooooooo now I'm here. That's all I've done and need help please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jholcomb,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

This looks like a possible hardware failure. However, I would suggest you try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

You may try to follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP PCs - No Power or No Boot Guided Troubleshooter

I would suggest you follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.