Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Hp Omen 880 starting with no display

HP Recommended
Hp OMEN 880-124nf.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,

I have a major issue with my desktop.

Basically when I turn it on, it reboots immediately two times, then it starts but without any display, and eventually restarts on its own after some time and then beeps after some time.

The last time I used it before this issue, I played some PC videogames without any problem and then I turned it off without anything unusual whatsoever.

Any idea ? I think it may be faulty RAM or my video card (GTX 1070) but I'm no expert at all.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 663
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DrGersch

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

Let's perform a power reset on the PC using the below steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the power chord from the computer.

Once done, check if you can boot to BIOS page.

Follow the below steps to boot into BIOS page.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

If computer boots to BIOS, use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 and Run the extensive test.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

DrGersch
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry for the lack of update in  this subject, but shortly after first posting this, I directly talked with the HP support, who gave me the same possible solution (amongst others). Sadly, this did not work, it seems like my BIOS is invalid and the recovery remains stuck, so now I have to send the computer back to HP for repair.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 663
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DrGersch

Appreciate your efforts!

Keep me posted for other technical queries, I'll be glad to assist you.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation