Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion 23 will not power on

NOA03AA#ADA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Pavilion 23 Desktop was in storage for a year! Replaced battery and plugged in the power cord and pushed the power on button and got no responce and the LED light never came on! Tried the suggestions on the HP trouble shooter with negative response! Please help! My desktop is Hp Pavilon 23 all-in-one model:23-q112! I'am aware that the Pavilion 23 series has a problem with the power switch! Is the any other way to jump start the power to the mother board? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,009
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Navyboy68, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues powering on your laptop.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different battery or adapter?

It could be an issue with the DC port or the system board on your laptop could have gone faulty.

Try plugging the adapter into a different wall outlet and check if it helps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a removable battery, use the following steps:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
Your laptop has been reset. After a power reset, it is a good idea to run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. 

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot no power issues with your laptop.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is a hardware issue with your laptop.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mr Robot I tried to log back into forum with Navyboy 68 info but could not so change to Navyboy69! My HP Pavilion 23 all-in-one Desktop not laptop will not except power when plugged in and no led light glows! I replaced the 3v Lithium round battery and still no power on excepted! AS I stated before the HP troubleshoooter guide did not work! THe product name is NOA03AA#ADA-Model-23-q112-serial# 4CI5340Z81-operating system Windows 10-NOTE: this is a Touchsmart HP Pavilion 23! The power cord works with another HP Pavilion 23 my Mother has this same model! Please tell me if there is any way to power on the Desktop other than the AC cord  or battery! I'am aware the HP 23 has a problem with the power switch! I have read that some people have replaced the motherboard  with the power swith and still could not get the PC to power on! So, if anyone in the HP community has worked with this issue please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,009
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Navyboy69, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you don't see a LED lights on your PC.

It certainly looks to be an issue with the DC port or the system board on your laptop might have gone faulty.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation