Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01 2170m

I have an Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01 2170m that sits at a black screen after being turned on.

I have only had the desktop since July and started having problems after only a couple weeks. I have only used the pc to download steam, rockstar launcher, 4 games, and a patch for a game.

So I first started having problems when I left my pc on for about a half hour to go do something else. I came back to a black screen and I was unable to return my desktop. I first made sure it wasnt an issue with my monitor or HDMI connection which it wasn't.

Now when I turn my PC on it will sit at a black screen and I have to hold the power button to turn it off. In order to get to windows and my desktop I have hit F9 windows boot manager after turning the pc on. This will allow me to get to my desktop and everything seems to run fine expect for playing games. Games that were running perfectly fine before now are unplayable and run like a slide show.

I have tried:
Making sure windows was up to date.
Running Windows repair but that didnt find any problems.
Running Hp Pc Hardware Diagnostic but didnt find any problems either.
I have done "Reset this pc and remove everything" but still have the same problems.

I have also tried to find Bios and driver updates on HP's website but can never get past a screen saying "HP is compiling your results. This could take up to 3 minutes depending on your computer and connection speed. Thank you for your patience." HP's website just will not go past this page so I don't know if my pc needs any updates.

I was only able to use my new PC for a couple weeks before having problems. More than a little frustrated. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JTrainor -- only a few weeks

How long is the original HP Warranty? If you contact them, then they can remotely trouble-shoot.

It is not likely with a new disk-drive, but if you have a "failing" disk-drive, it can take 100 to 1000 times the "normal" elapsed time for reading/writing. That will definitely slow-down your computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.