Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
How Slimline
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer will turn on but turns off at the lock out screen. The on board vga plug stopped working a few weeks ago and I now use a video card. Earlier this evening it made it to my desktop but it turned off in about 5 minutes. I did redo all heat sink.  I  have removed the on board vga plug thinking that it may have been the problem but it still shuts down same spot every time. If I go into bios it will run for ever without turning off.  I am totally stumped please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I am unsure what the lock out screen means. Are you referring the the lock screen you see when you turn on or restart your PC?

Is your PC shutting down or going to sleep?

Have you checked Power Settings in Control Panel, Power Options? Maybe Power Options are set to have your PC enter sleep after five minutes.

What heatsink are you referring to? What did you redo with this heatsink?

Have you updated the graphics drivers for the new graphics card you have installed? What graphics card did you install? Are you connecting the monitor data cable to the new graphics card video out?

You may have a Windows driver problem or a Windows power configuration problem if the PC does not shut down when you are in the BIOS.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.