Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-XA0032

Hello, Christina here, I hope one Of you geniuses can help me. My computer will not boot up it just beeps at me!  3.4 beeps to be exact! I have tried to get into bios, no luck the only thing I can get it to do is tell me

unsupported adapter ins

pc will automatically power down

Keyboard error

i bought a new keyboard and same error!! Any ideas. I have less than a month on manufacturer warranty but can’t seem to get anyone on phone! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Check that the AC adapter is plugged in all the way in the back of the PC. If it's not, the PC will not be able to detect the wattage and will state there is an unsupported or unknown PSU attached.

If the power adapter has lower wattage than the PC is expecting, it will just beep at you.

HP have the same connector for a lot of different desktops / laptops. You may have the incorrect adapter connected, even though the plug fits.

Check the wattage on the underside of the adapter. Yours should be 120W. If it's any less than this (90w or 65w) It'll turn on, but just beep loudly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.