Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1220
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was just trying to fix a computer for a friend that bsods I had tried to update the bios during the update the system had blue screened and now the bios is corrupted and the system won't boot. Any help would be appreciated thanks.  This is my 3rd time trying to post this because I can't get this form working.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A failed BIOS update on older HP consumer PCs is usually a deal breaker, the motherboard is dead. This PC was released for sale in 2011.

Here is a (Link) to a possible BIOS recovery procedure. I don't think it is going to work with this PC.

EDIT, you could shut the PC down, disconnect from AC power, and pull the CR2032 motherboard battery, let the PC sit for about 15 minutes. Reinstall the battery and try booting the PC again.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.