Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen 880 160se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A friend had purchased me an hp omen 880 160se with i7 8700 16g ram and a 1080 when we booted it the computer just shows the hp logo for an hour and nothing else. I tried to swap out hard drives, ram sticks, different GPU, but get the same response just the logo. I get one key stroke from the keyboard and it stops responding. Does anyone have a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got it to work using an older hard drive (5+years old) not sure why that worked but who knows.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dellryeth, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you reinstall all of the original componets.  Then, check all of the connections inside and out of the case to assure that they are all tight.  Once this is done, you should use this guide to see if any of the components have failed.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Got it to work using an older hard drive (5+years old) not sure why that worked but who knows.

HP Recommended

@Dellryeth wrote:

Your computer: OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-160se CTO Product Specifications and Configurable Options

Model name and product number

This document contains basic features and specification for the following HP CTO model:

• OMEN by HP: 880-160se
• Product number: 2TB61AV

• Introduction date: 19-Oct-2017
• Country/Region sold in: North America

has at least 17 days remaining on its one-year HP Warranty.

So, you may wish to contact HP, for free troubleshooting.

Your "CTO" (Configure To [the customer's] Order) has several "storage" options:

Must select one of the following options:
  • 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe TLC Solid State
  • 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (3.5 in)
  • 256 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe TLC Solid State + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (3.5 in)
  • 256 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe TLC Solid State + 2 TB 7200 rpm HDD (3.5 in)
  • 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe TLC Solid State + 2 TB 7200 rpm HDD (3.5 in)

Which option did you choose?

It could have been a faulty disk-drive.

Or, I had a brand-new computer where that M.2 device was not properly seated in its slot.

[Maybe, it worked loose during shipping??]

Since that device contained the Windows operating system, the computer could not boot into Windows, because the HDD was 100% empty.

So, if you ordered the computer with the M.2 device, then removing the original HDD and inserting your older HDD was enough "jiggling" to allow the M.2 device to obtain a connection.  Maybe.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.