will30
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Hp pavilion all in one 24 wont wake up after going to sleep

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion all in one 24-b017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When the unit goes to sleep it wont wake up. I have to turn it off and restart it to get back on. 

5 REPLIES 5
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you "tap" the ON/OFF button, does it wake up?

Open Device Manager.

Under the "Power Management" tab of the properties of the Keyboard, is there a check-mark beside "allow this device to wake the computer" ?

Ditto for the Mouse.

For the "Power" properties of the USB hardware, can Windows turn-off these devices, to save power?

0 Kudos
Hibb1
Level 6
463 463 38 87
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The issue is related to an incompatabilty with the Intel Graphics Driver that WIndows 10 Update has installed on your machine.

Download this driver & install it: https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-24-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc...

It will tell you that there's already a newer version installed. Say yes anyway.

Hope this helps. Michael.

0 Kudos
will30
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately if didn't work.  I did a live chat with a hp tech that took control of the computer. He couldn't help me but he gave me a case number, and forwarded me to the pay for service folks at hp. I worked with two really helpful techs over a period of a day and neither was successful. I am pretty sure they both tried your suggestion. The last tech said the only thing left was to, I think, reload windows which I am loath to do. I am currently running with the sleep mode turned off. 

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> The last tech said the only thing left was to, I think, reload windows which I am loath to do.

Windows 10 has the "reset my PC" option -- to reinstall Windows, optionally without touching your installed programs, and your personal files.  Be safe: make an external backup of your personal files, before trying this option.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
JimK8
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue on my new All in One 24 f0024.  I also saw it happen at the store on the display model which I attributed to many people doing things on it.  Obviously it is an inherent issue the the machine.  

If anyone finds an answer I sure would like to know.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation