Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp pavilion p7-1054 How To Flash Bios?

hp pavilion p7-1054
Other

The computer will not turn on, I get two beeps, followed by six beeps. HP Doesn't provide a code for this, but I can assume that it is probably a corrupted bios. The only bios available for this computer cannot be installed on a flashdrive, but instead has to be installed on the computer itself. Because of this, I am having a very hard time trying to flash it. I got the HP recovery usb key software, and while holding Win + B during startup, the computer either does its beeps, or turns on for 3 seconds, initializes the monitor, and turns back off. I've tried everything, HP won't help me, and I don't want to throw out a previously working computer. If anyone has an idea of what I could do I would greatly appreciate it. I have reset the cmos, replaced the battery, replaced the power supply, cleaned everything, replaced the cpu, replaced the ram, and tried multiple graphics cards and usb drives to boot from.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp pavilion p7-1054 How To Flash Bios?

Greetings Pspboy17

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Are you a PC tech? You have done just about all that can be done to isolate the cause except for replacing the motherboard. Nice detective work!

I agree, it appears you have a corrupted BIOS.

HP recommends trying a BIOS recovery, which you have tried. You have also eliminated other components by replacing components. I also guess you tried booting the system minus: SATA devices, PCIe devices, USB devices, and no RAM installed , and used onboard graphics  to see if you could get other BIOS error codes (missing RAM or no boot device).

HP then recommends replacing the system board.

Flashing the BIOS on HP consumer PCs using any other method, to the best of my knowledge, is not approved and not supported by HP.

Tom

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation