Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathis95
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I Done a reset on my computer, now it wont turn on past the HP logo.

HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My mother gave me her laptop today. I used it for a moment going through pictures and everything worked fine. I decided it would be easier to just do a factory reset since I had already saved the pictures I wanted to keep on a usb. I removed the usb, then started the reset. It had made it to 69% before it staopped and said there was an error. I tried again and same thing. I selected "continue to Windows 10" and it went to boot up. It showed the HP logo for a few seconds and then goes black and restarts. It never gets past the HP logo. This has been going on for two hours now. I tried troublshooting with HP help center and nothing works. Help, please!

2 REPLIES 2
Hibb1
Level 6
290 288 25 54
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try turning off the laptop, then when you turn it on keep tapping the ESC key. When you're presented with the menu, hit F11 to go to Recovery Manager. I *think* you go to Troubleshooting, then advanced options then HP Recovery Manager.

See if that runs through OK.

If not, you may need to make some recovery media on USB. Have a look here for how to do that:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06162205

0 Kudos
Mathis95
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

• Thank you, when I press f11, it quickly shows f11 recovery manager in the bottom left corner. Then it goes away and continues flashing the HP logo screen. Even when I do ESC  and then go to recovery manager, it still won't load the page and resumes the HP logo turning on and turning off. Could you possibly provide any more detailed information on how to do the USB.? My laptop was made in 2015 so I'm not sure if the recovery USB will work.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation