Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I Have to much less free storage than before.

HP1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installing Windows 10, but after installing Windows 10 lot of storage can be used than before. It is due to window upgradation. When I restart my laptop there are two windows appear on startup one is windows 10 and second is windows old. When I install and upgrade a new version of window the previous version could not be remove or deleted and keep as it in the local disk C. what process can I used to remove this query.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,581 22,524 2,061 4,922
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I Have to much less free storage than before.

@rshari

You should not have forced the second installation of Windows, as that is going to cause you major grief.

If, in fact, you now have TWO installations of Windows, it is NOT going to  be a simple matter to remove one -- and still keep the PC operational. 

YOU have to decide which of the two Windows installations you want to keep.

First thing I would do is download and install the Free version of Macrium Reflect:   http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Why? Because after you install it, you can use it to create Boot Media that can then be used later to repair boot issues with your PC -- which you are most certainly going to encounter after removing a Windows installation.

You will also need to download and create media using this partitioning tool:  http://downloads.tomsguide.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Bootable-CD,0301-51034.html

Once you have this, you have a choice of media to create:
1) If you can boot from CD, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable CD.
2) If you can boot from USB, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

Boot your PC with the media you created -- and remove the Windows partitions you no longer want to keep.

Then, inser the MR media and reboot from that.  Then, select the option to repair the Windows Boot -- that will rebuild the boot loader records and after that, you should be able to reboot into Windows.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation