Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
750-060
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I want to update my bios. I have been trying to start up from my USB. My computer has a message that recommends F7 key when the driver update is prompted. Does anyone have directions to open driver update from command prompt? I cant boot from USB my bios is not current.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Is 750-060qe CTO your system? This is the only system found when checking 750-060. Don't run the BIOS update in my link if you have a different product.

You're running W8.1. Your PC is capable of booting from bootable USB media.

Why not install the latest BIOS update within Windows. Run the file within Windows.

The latest W8.1 update can be download at this (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

This is the computer that I have. I have trierd booting from a USB and it does not open. I have put the boot order settings so that it will boot the way I want it. I cant get the driver onto the computer. Should I see if the driver update program will work by not using the acpi setting with F7? Thnk you

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you get to the Windows desktop?

I am trying to assist, but it seems you are making a BIOS update more complex by trying to install this update from a USB device that may not be bootable. Some HP PC's can do BIOS updates outside of the operating system; some HP PCs may not be able do this.

Is your PC a 750-060qe CTO?

If not, what is the full product number?

If yes, then download the Windows 8.1 BIOS update per the link in my previous response and run the update within Windows.

The USB you have created may not be bootable. Your PC is capable of booting to bootable USB media. It may not be capable of doing a BIOS update using bootable media.

Please elaborate if you are having an issue that is forcing you to do a BIOS update using bootable media.

Regards

HP Recommended

I cannot get into the desktop. I forgot the admin password. I have been tryuing to update the bios with a USB. I have been using the computer diagnostics.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Updating the BIOS is not going to solve a Windows password problem.

A BIOS password problem may be fixable by resetting CMOS.

I can't help you with bypassing Windows password problems.

You may have to reinstall the operating system

Sorry, that's all I can suggest at this point.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.