Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Model # p7-1235
Hi there. I am having issues with booting up my desktop computer. When starting, my monitor is stuck at the startup screen (an upright hand with icons floating away with a HP logo). It asks for me to press the ESC button which does not work. The CPU itself will beep 3 times, one beep in approximately 20-30 second intervals before seemingly automatically rebooting itself into a black screen of death. After completing soft and hard resets, the computer will not go into any startup/boot menus by pressing any F button. Please help. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The following link goes to a troubleshoot webpage. your PC is a 2012 model with a Jasmine( MSI MS-7778) motherboard.  Use the chart of beep codes to see what may be the issue. Watch the LEDS when you start it to see if there is a LED error code as well.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p7-Desktop-PC-series/5187022/model/5233650/document/...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thanks for the response but nothing on the provided chart associates with the error code that I'm receiving.
HP Recommended

The CPU, or processor, is not capable of producing  any sound.

Do you mean the desktop PC itself?

There is a troubleshooting section for no-boot or no-start scenarios at the support portal for your PC.

There could be a number of reasons that could cause the PC not to boot to a Windows login.

I will edit this and include a link to the troubleshooting section. Done. Click on the category drop-down on the right hand side of the  following support web page.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p7-1200-Desktop-PC-series/5187022/model/5233650

Troubleshoot your PC and write down what you have done with the results.

YOur PC is of a past generation at considering the length of time you have had it may be at the end of its service life. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Well... the oddest thing happened.

My CPU has finally decided to work. All I did was remove my HDMI from my graphics card and hook up the monitor vga. When I restarted, I did receive an actual error code that was listed. 6 beeps = video card issues. But I was able to hear my processor thinking as I was looking at a black screen. So what did I do? Hook up my HDMI to the CPU again without a restart and viola! My computer already was booted and on the Windows desktop. Weird.

In any case, I do thank you for the time and your effort in assisting me. Have yourself a good weekend. Thank you.

HP Recommended

It is good to hear that you have it sorted.

If you can afford it, you should start sourcing something to replace it with before it goes south for good. 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.