Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500 PC Serious
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
I can't get past .the startup menu,then it keeps saying over and over error:no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sounds like the hard drive could be failing or simply isn't plugged in.  You have several ways to proceed from here if the drive is failing.

• Check if you are still under warranty.
  • Make sure the hard drive SATA and power cables are plugged in properly (if you are comfortable opening your PC)
  • If you are comfortable doing so, you can also remove your hard drive and put it in an external hard drive dock and plug it into a different computer to see if you can access it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sounds like the hard drive could be failing or simply isn't plugged in.  You have several ways to proceed from here if the drive is failing.

• Check if you are still under warranty.
  • Make sure the hard drive SATA and power cables are plugged in properly (if you are comfortable opening your PC)
  • If you are comfortable doing so, you can also remove your hard drive and put it in an external hard drive dock and plug it into a different computer to see if you can access it.
HP Recommended
What's a hard drive sata? and what you wrote about mu plugs being pugged in right cause last CPL of nights when I was on my desktop my lamp light kept fickering and the lamps cord is using the same outlet as my PC's cords,then few hours later my computer wouldn't turn on at all,so I unplugged the PC's 2cords and plugged them back in my desktop turned on,do you still think it's a bad hard drive or just my cords?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.