Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I can't get past .the startup menu,then it keeps saying over and over error:no boot disk has been de

HP Pavilion 500 PC Serious
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
I can't get past .the startup menu,then it keeps saying over and over error:no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2
28 28 1 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I can't get past .the startup menu,then it keeps saying over and over error:no boot disk has been de

Sounds like the hard drive could be failing or simply isn't plugged in.  You have several ways to proceed from here if the drive is failing.

• Check if you are still under warranty.
  • Make sure the hard drive SATA and power cables are plugged in properly (if you are comfortable opening your PC)
  • If you are comfortable doing so, you can also remove your hard drive and put it in an external hard drive dock and plug it into a different computer to see if you can access it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What's a hard drive sata? and what you wrote about mu plugs being pugged in right cause last CPL of nights when I was on my desktop my lamp light kept fickering and the lamps cord is using the same outlet as my PC's cords,then few hours later my computer wouldn't turn on at all,so I unplugged the PC's 2cords and plugged them back in my desktop turned on,do you still think it's a bad hard drive or just my cords?
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation