Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-300 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot exit "HP Menu" (Esc = Boot, F10= Setup, F12= Boot from LAN, F11 = System Recovery, F9= Diagnostics).  I had recently updated Windows 10 and everything seemed to be going ok and did a "Restart".  Well that's when I saw the HP Menu.  How do I get out of the HP Menu and get back to the Windows Welcome Screen?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

> Esc = Boot

Pressing the 'Esc' key (top-left of your keyboard) should cause the computer to restart (nicknamed the "boot" process, after the phrase "pulling oneself up by one's own boot-straps").

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

When the Desktop powers on it gets stuck on the HP "Splash"  Screen!  I can press Esc (boot up) to the cows come home nothing happens!  Nothing happens after pressing F10 or F12 either.  PLUS, I noticed the DVD drive when pressed doesn't open.  I have a Pavilion Elite HPE-390t CTO Desktop and never had a problem until 1/10.

HP Recommended

> I noticed the DVD drive when pressed doesn't open. 

With the computer turned-off, straighten one end of a paper-clip, and insert that end into the small hole in the face-plate of the DVD device, until you feel resistance. 

Then, firmly push another 1/4 inch (5 mm), until you feel the tray "unlock" -- the tray will open slightly.

Gently, pull the tray fully open.

Power-on the computer, and see if power reaches the DVD device, and the tray retracts to its "closed" position.

If not, then I suggest that you have a problem with the power-supply.

Also, when the "splash" screen is visible, try the TAB key, not the ESC key, to dismiss that screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.