cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brnidgrl8
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

I cannot get the login screen to come up on my HP Envy. I have tried all of the suggestions I have s

HP Recommended
HP Envy will not go to lock screen. I have tried everything I have seen in previous forum post!
3 REPLIES 3
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What model-number of HP Envy?

How new is the computer? Is it still covered by the original HP Warranty?  If so, contact HP, and make a claim against the warranty, to get them to repair/replace it.

To avoid you receiving suggestions that you have already tried, please tell us what you have tried.

0 Kudos
GabeL00
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like I'm having the same issue. Product name is 700-214 and Serial is [serial number removed per rules of participation] . HP bootscreen comes up, but after it fades to black the login screen doesn't come up. Concerns me as the warranty is gone, and this issue seemed to pop up on the same day. Pretty clear that it's not a monitor issue as I can get the System info to pop up at the beginning.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> HP bootscreen comes up ...

Do you see the option to launch the HP Hardware Diagnostics?

If so, run the tests against the disk-drive.

Tell us the result.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation