cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

I have Pavilion Elite HPE-590t PC, 5 years old. It start to hang up during booting and others.

HP Recommended

I have Pavilion Elite HPE-590t PC, 5 years old. It starts to hang up during booting. This force me to force shutting and restart manually. It would take 2 to 3 times for the computer to boot completely.  Now when I put the computer to sleep, the computer shuts up and the fan keep running. The mouse or the key board would not reactivate the computer again. I must force shut off and reboot manually.

The question is this a repairable issue remotely or otherwise it must go to a shop?

Is this being a symptom for a dying computer?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,331 6,316 602 1,379
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Have you ever used HP Recovery to reset the operating system? Then maybe back up data and try recovery. Same problems are maybe hardware. Could be simple fix like new HDD. Run HP diagnostics to test hardware.

Are you running Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10?

Symptoms could be anything.

You PC is about five years old. 

Grzy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have upgraded to W10 pro

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation