Did you mean: 
Raiders93927
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I have Windows XP and my GoPro video wont play

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

How or what do I need to do to upgrade to Windows 10?

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
31,677 31,584 2,873 6,941
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Raiders93927

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

In all honesty -- if the PC you're still using came preinstalled with WinXP, then most likely, you can NOT upgrade it to Win10.

Why?

Because, first of all, there is no Upgrade Path from XP to Win10 -- in which case data, settings, and applications would be migrated to the new OS.  Instead, you would have to install Win10 "clean" -- and that would erase everything currently on your PC in the process.

Second, with a PC this old, most likely, there are no drivers in Win10 for that hardware -- and MS has upgraded their driver models several times since XP, and those drivers will not work in Win10.

Sorry, but the only realistic option is to buy a new PC running Win10 and copy your user files from the XP box to it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,692
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> my GoPro video wont play

What is the file-format, or the file-extension, e.g., '.wav' or '.mp4' or something else?

See: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/  for the "VLC Video Player".

I don't know if it will install onto Windows XP.

If it does, it should handle "any" video-file -- many more file-types than Windows Media Player.

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation