Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a 550-270na desktop and Upgraded to an NVIDIA 1060 graphocs card. Now I cant get into bios

HP Pavilion 550-200 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an NVIDIA GTX 1060 GPU and when attempting to go into BIOS (at boot hitting F10 or Del) I get a blank screen. Bios version is showing as AMI A0. 18 07/10/2016

How can I get into bios, which are UEFI.  The PC itself works, but apparently the intel onboard graphics are meant to be turned off. Are the bios only understanding the old driver?

Thansk for all suggestions!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,671 26,626 2,212 3,382
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a 550-270na desktop and Upgraded to an NVIDIA 1060 graphocs card. Now I cant get into bios

@DeeDeeX

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you need information on accessing the BIOS to disable/change the graphics card in use,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that unlike laptops, the inbuilt graphics card is automatically disabled when an additional card is connected to a desktop?

That said, did you attempt to update the BIOS from the HP website to make any difference to accessing the BIOS screen?

If not, please Click here for steps on updating the same.

If the issue persists, you may want to ensure the graphics card is compatible with your motherboard & other components such as Power Supply unit.

If not, you may need to upgrade the PSU to a larger one too.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation