Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
A6700y

I have an a 6700 y pc  The green light is on in the back and it will not power up

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jp821 

The green light is an LED for the Power Supply Unit (PSU) and only indicates that the unit is getting power.

Checking the HP specs on this model PC, they claim it came out in 2008 -- so if that is the case with yours, it could be any of several different hardware issues, none of which we can diagnose or repair from here.

Try rebooting the PC, pressing either the Esc key or the F2 key, repeatedly, while rebooting.  If a Startup Menu appears, select the option to run Diagnostics and see what that finds.

Post the results back here.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.