Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP pavilion a 6700 y PC It will not power on and the green light is on on the back

A6700y

I have an a 6700 y pc  The green light is on in the back and it will not power up

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,441 22,384 2,050 4,894
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP pavilion a 6700 y PC It will not power on and the green light is on on the back

@Jp821 

The green light is an LED for the Power Supply Unit (PSU) and only indicates that the unit is getting power.

Checking the HP specs on this model PC, they claim it came out in 2008 -- so if that is the case with yours, it could be any of several different hardware issues, none of which we can diagnose or repair from here.

Try rebooting the PC, pressing either the Esc key or the F2 key, repeatedly, while rebooting.  If a Startup Menu appears, select the option to run Diagnostics and see what that finds.

Post the results back here.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation