Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-177c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Like a few others, my Windows 10 pro machine has gone into automatic repair loops and will now only boot if I disable multiprocessor mode in the bios.  My bios is at A0.18 rev 8 and I apparently can update to A0.20 rev A, but I’m nervous about breaking this machine which is currently limping on one core.  Does anyone know if sp85633.exe addresses this problem?  I am about to go buy a new machine, DELL, no HP, since there appears to be no way to call for support since this machine is now out of warranty.  I will try the update after I’ve migrated all my data to a new machine, but would love to hear from others if they have had success.   Running a 4 core CPU on only one core is very distressing, but at least it boots.  It took me a full week to get it up and running(walking)again!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Etski, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you TEJ1602 for responding.  I am anxiously awaiting a private message. I have tried everything I know to get this machine up and running.  I have bought a 5tb external hard drive and completely backup up my C and D drives both as system image and personal file backup.  I then updated my bios from a.018 to a019 and then a020 trying mulitprocessor mode along the way to no avail.  It boots fine in with multi processor mode disabled in the bios but goes into all sorts of boot loops with automatic repair, diagnostic modes, with lots of different blue screen errors.   It should be noted that I have also created a standalone boot dvd with the acronis software and it also will only boot with multiprocessor disabled in the bios.   Same for a new windows 10 media installation created on another machine I went out and bought in the meantime.  I have done SFC, DISM, driver reloads, every tool in the bag.   I have downloaded the newest diagnostics from HP and let them run for days with never an error.  HELP ! ! !

HP Recommended

It is ten days since you informed me of bringing this to the attention of the appropriate team within HP but I still haven't heard from them. Can you please follow up and determine if my PC is now useless, running on only 1 of 4 cores?

HP Recommended

It is now 18 days with no response or contact as promised.   HP definitely does not stand behind their products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.